"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~ Ansel Adams

March 18, 2011

Made in the USSR

It's been 3 months since Christmas and I didn't write anything about my favorite present. A Zenit TTL!!! It is beyond beautiful to me. All the history that comes with it...It's a russian camera and the model I received is the one released in 1980. It was made in a few copies especially for the press photographers who took part in the famous Olympic Games in Moscow in 1980. It has the olympic symbol on it. The lens is the standard Helios-44M 2/58 lens. Since I received it I took only a few photos with it, about 16. I don't want to waste the black and white film on snapshots, so I'm taking my time and thinking twice or three times before pressing the magic little button. Also, I like to do my homework so I've been reading "The Photography Series" by Ansel Adams. And that's just for now. I have a couple of other books waiting for me to skim through. I know that you can't learn photography like a biology lesson, but it still helps to know how the mechanism of an old film camera works, what film photography is all about, techniques, what results you may get, how to calibrate everything and so on. All this to ensure good results. And since it will be some time until I will develop my first film and upload some photos taken with the Zenit, here are some photos of the camera, and me, on our second photowalk.




No comments:

Post a Comment