"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~ Ansel Adams

June 8, 2011

The old man and the ice cream


Ce zi inabusitoare! Fiecare trecator se racorea cum putea: o inghetata, o sticla rece de apa, un suc la o terasa. Eu m-am multumit cu cativa stropi de ploaie din cand in cand. Dar nu mi-a placut cand am auzit tunete. Nu ma intelegeti gresit, imi plac furtunile de vara, dar nu imi place sa ma prinda o asemenea manifestare capricioasa a vremii departe de casa, fara umbrela, in sandale si imbracata foarte subtire. Asa ca m-am ascuns sub un tei langa Catedrala Evanghelica si m-am adancit in paginile unui roman. Abia am trecut de primele doua randuri citite, cand am auzit niste acorduri de chitara si o voce cantand "Angie" de la The Rolling Stones. Minunat!...Un tanar exersa la citara. Si canta chiar bine. Lectura a fost mai placuta pe melodii de la Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones si Bob Dylan.


What a stifling day!  Everyone was trying their best to cool off: eating ice cream, drinking a bottle of cold water, having a drink at a terrace. I was pleased with a few drops of rain from time to time. But I didn't like it when I started hearing the sound of rumbling thunder. Don't get me wrong, I like summer storms, but I'm not very happy when such capricious weather catches me off guard away from home, without an umbrella, wearing thin clothes and a pair of sandals. So I hid under a linden tree near the Evangelical Cathedral and I opened a novel to pass the time. After reading only two lines, I heard the chords of a guitar and a voice singing "Angie" from The Rolling Stones. Wonderful!... A young man was doing some guitar practice. He was quite good. Songs from Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan made it much more pleasant to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment